Friday, August 15, 2008

what to get a 9-year-old for his birthday?

that's my dilemma...my friends' son has turned 9 years old and I have no clue what to get him for a birthday present...

of course I ask his mother and the first thing out of her mouth is "socks" - what?!?!? I'm not going to give the child socks! the next suggestion was shirts - so I thought ok, that might be cool - but then she said, no plain white polos to wear for school...again, what? I'm not getting him his school uniform shirts for a birthday present...I think my friend has lost her marbles!

so then, me being the smart person I am, I asked him what he wanted...his answer "an indestructible car" of course I told him they don't make those - and I must note that this is the child that DEMOLISHES toys within minutes of opening the package! So his other choices were a remote control car (which after a moment, I remembered that's what I gave him for his birthday last year, and he destroyed after a day!) or candy - "just give me candy" that's what he said! I don't know that I have ever had a child ask for candy for a birthday present!

so I'm back to square one - what to get him for that dang birthday present! I guess I'm left to wander the toy aisles aimlessly until something catches my eye...

No comments: