Sunday, November 16, 2008

weekend baking party

consisting of just me...

I've gone crazy and baked like an insane woman over the last 2 days!

The result:
4 pecan pies
1 chocolate chess pie
2 pumpkin rolls
1 white wine cake
3 banana-cranberry nut bread loaves
4 dozen chocolate truffle cookies

I would have bake a few pumpkin pies, but I decided to quit for now...but sometime soon, I'll be making those, a sawdust pie, and perhaps a Boston cream pie as well...

And to think, everything (except 2 pecan pies) is being toted up to work for a chili cook-off tomorrow...it was either make chili or desserts, and since no one wanted to be on my team (we had to have teams of 3 to participate) I opted to bake...oh, my coworkers love to hate me, or hate to love me...whichever...but as I always say - calorie-free, fat-free, sugar-free...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

The extra 2 pecan pies (and some of the cookies) were whipped up for some friends of mine & their families - hey, men & kids love pie and cookies!

No comments: