Wednesday, July 9, 2008

re-connections...

well, I'm definitely feeling my age...

I had a strange dream last night that involved a guy I grew up with (no, not *that* kind of dream)...just a kind of disjointed, odd dream - and over the years, for some unknown reason to me, this same guy has appeared in some of my dreams - which got me a little sad because as we grew up, we grew apart and by the end of high school, didn't even talk to each other...we just traveled in different circles...even though we lived just down the street from each other. So anyway, I tried Google-ing him - you know how many freakin' Casey Pattersons there are in the United States? and that's assuming that he's even living stateside...but - in an attempt to find this old friend, I stumbled across another...

and I'm actually proud of this friend - he also lived just down the street and we grew up together, but also grew apart by the time we graduated high school...in fact, in the second grade (yes, I can actually remember that far back), he gave me my first kiss - though I punched him in the arm and threatened his life if he told anyone (yes, I was the epitome of a tomboy). Well, it turns out that he made good for himself and is a pro baseball player - played for the Cincinnati Reds even...it'd be way cool if he transferred to play for the Durham Bulls - hey I can dream! And to think, as excited as I was for Josh Hamilton's success (being from Raleigh and all), I find out now that someone I grew up with is a pro ball player! Kudos, Brandon! (I'm pretty sure he grew into "Brandon"...when we were little, he was "BJ")

oh well - maybe I'll get lucky and make some "re-connections"...in all honesty, I have not bothered with keeping in touch with those that I grew up with or even thought much about my "younger days" until now - I've been in my own little world for the past 14 years...you can never go back, but you should never forget where you came from - maybe it's time I start remembering...

No comments: