Tuesday, October 21, 2008

it's that time of the year...

I forgot how much I really enjoyed baking - I made some brownie cupcakes tonight to test out new icing, which was actually pretty good - it was a light whipped icing, fairly sweet with a bit of a marshmallow taste...I tinted it orange in honor of Halloween!

I'm going to use it on a tiered classic white cake with strawberry filling decorated with flowers - it's a birthday cake for my friend's daughter's birthday party this weekend. I hope it turns out nice - I'm not very good at decorating, but I'll give it a shot...if it looks nice, I'll post some pictures!

and then it's the time of the year for holiday fattening-up! so next it'll be sweet potato, pumpkin, and pecan pies and cookies - maybe even a couple of cakes...Italian Cream Cake, maybe? My co-workers are going to love to hate me, or is it hate to love me?

yup - definitely missed baking and happy to start back up!

No comments: