Monday, June 23, 2008

a crazy night of tv

ok, I just *have* to make comments on some of the things I watched on tv tonight...

The Bachelorette - I don't normally watch the show, but there was nothing else on...Graham Bunn from Raleigh NC...well, what a mistake! on his part, that is...I understand men that shut down when things are tough and internalize issues - I'm a girl and I do the same thing, but come on - you're on a show where the whole point is to open up and show this other person how much you care! You're competing for her affection, for goodness sake! ok, so you're sexy and athletic and charming in a Southern sort of fashion. And there's nothing wrong with "quiet" men...in fact, there's something even sexier about them, mysterious almost...but he sort of disappointed me, being from Raleigh and all...I definitely thought he'd a least open up a little...even just a bit, if he was at all interested...he has potential - I know I find him attractive, not just physically - he just played his cards wrong...at least on the show! I've read the blogs that said he was just in it to further a modeling/acting career - and that may be, I don't know...but why crush someone emotionally to do that? I don't get it - it frustrates me - now you know why I don't watch the show!!!!

Wipeout! what more needs to be said? I watched the preview clips and about had a fit giggling at the antics of these clueless folks competing on the show! it's like an American version of MXC - and I love that show...not sure why, but I laugh and laugh! Maybe it makes me feel better knowing there are such odd people out there...I'm definitely a fan so far - I hope the show doesn't disappoint tomorrow night...I'll be watching, ready to giggle and laugh and snort out loud! Yes, I'm a strange one - but I'd rather live happy and fun than boring and gray...

Ah well, reality tv - love it or hate it, it is what it is...ironic to see what entertains us nowadays - what has our society has become? I really don't want to know the answer...I'll stick with my Mel Brooks and History of the World: Part 1 (which is what I'm watching as I type this)!

No comments: